• 5/28/08 – Finally got around to this pattern! Yay! Crossing my fingers that I don’t have too much trouble. I see that a number of people have run into snags on this pattern.
• 5/28/08 (nearly 5 min. later) – Found the first snag. The center cable panel (over 17 sts) should actually have a 6 st R & L cable running through it and not 4 as the symbol index and stitch guide indicates. Easy fix, though.
• 5/29/08 – I’ve noticed that people had a tough time with making the eyelets in chart “C” the same size. One side of the chart the yo is followed by a purl and the other side the yo is followed by a knit. This was my solution:
Chart C (Bias Nondecrease panel)
Rnd 1: p, ssk, k3, ktbl, yo, p2, k2, p2, yo, k4, k2tog, p1
Rnd 2: p1, k5, k1 and leave on left needle, purl through this and next p st, drop st from left needle, p1, k2, p2, k6, p1
On my piece this make both yos pretty much even :)
• 6/1/08 – Knitting is coming along good. Hopefully it fits me in the end! Most are saying the pattern runs big, but I think mine looks a tad small. Mostly it’s that I see myself as bigger and the top will probably be fine. We shall see….. The decreases for the body are complete.
• 6/9/08 – I’m up to the front armhole and bust shaping. Going pretty dern fast! If I wasn’t knitting so many other projects…… this would have been done by now.
Did notice something odd in length/size.
Under the “Upper Waist Shaping” section it’s saying to continue knitting “until piece measures 18.75 (19.25, 19.5, 20, 20.75, 21.5)” from cast-on (or desired length to armholes.” This part of the pattern should be ending under the bust. The garment is waist, or hip length. I, for one, do not measure almost 19” from under my bust to my hips. That’s really long.
• 6/14/08 – Finished and I love it!
Made the sleeve shorter than called for by stopping when the instructions called for switching to the largest (8) needles. That would be after the first set of short rows had been completed.